Salesforce, the global CRM leader, recently announced Slack GPT, a new generative AI experience designed to enhance team productivity within the workplace communication tool Slack.
With Slack GPT, users can leverage various AI-powered app integrations, language models and secure customer data insights from the Customer 360 and Data Cloud.
Additionally, Slack GPT integrates with Einstein GPT, an AI assistant that unlocks the power of CRM and conversational data, enabling organisations to build no-code workflows with AI actions.
Boosting Team Efficiency with AI-powered Features
Salesforce lays out several use cases for Slack GPT including:
Slack GPT for Sales:
Sales teams could auto-generate account channel summaries, customer recommendations, and prospect messages to work quickly and save time.
Slack GPT for Service:
Service agents could solve cases and respond to customers faster with AI-generated solutions and responses and auto-generate case summaries to share team knowledge in channels and canvases.
Slack GPT for IT:
Developers could instantly auto-scan channel activities and summarise root cause analysis, saving hours on incident management.
Slack GPT for Marketing:
Marketers could auto-generate copy and images for blogs, email campaigns, social, and advertising directly into a channel for team collaboration.
Einstein GPT: AI Assistant for Customer Success
Einstein GPT is Salesforce’s proprietary generative AI assistant that delivers over 200 billion AI-powered predictions per day across Customer 360.
With Einstein GPT integrated into Slack, users can query Salesforce customer data using natural language prompts, including ‘What new leads have been added?’ or ‘Which customers are likely to churn?’
Einstein GPT for Sales:
- Auto-generate sales tasks like writing emails, scheduling meetings and prepping for your next interaction.
Einstein GPT for Service:
- Generate knowledge articles from past case notes.
- Auto-generate personalised agent chat replies to increase customer satisfaction through personalised and expedited service interactions.
Einstein GPT for Marketing:
- Dynamically generate personalised content to engage customers and prospects across all channels.
Einstein GPT for Slack Customer 360 apps:
- Deliver AI-powered customer insights in Slack, like summaries of sales opps and find end users actions easily like updating knowledge articles.
Einstein GPT for Developers:
- Improve developer productivity with Salesforce Research’s proprietary large language (PPL) model by using an AI chat assistant to generate code and ask language questions for languages like Apex.
The Importance of AI for Productivity
According to Slack’s State of Work report, companies that adopt AI tools report higher productivity levels. However, only 27% of companies currently use AI tools to increase efficiency.
SlackGPT and Einstein GPT can help change that. Lidiane Jones, CEO of Slack, said, “Each of these productivity power-ups throughout the day will add up to a whole lot of time saved—plus a bit of delight—helping you work smarter, learn faster, and write better.”
Those who use automation at work estimate saving an average of 3.6 hours a week – this equates to, at minimum, one working month given back to each employee annually to focus on meaningful work.
Developing Responsible AI with Trusted Principles
Salesforce is building on its Trusted AI Principles with a new set of five guidelines focused on the responsible development and implementation of generative AI.
With AI, data, and CRM all working together, businesses can create personalised customer experiences, drive customer loyalty, and transform the way they interact with their customers.
- Claude app for Slack is now available; ChatGPT app for Slack is in beta
- Workflow Builder with Slack GPT will be available this summer
- Slack GPT native AI capabilities and the Einstein GPT app for Slack are in development